To be eligible for a $2,500 Anne M. Garrott Scholarship, an applicant must:
- be college or vocational school-bound,
- be a senior in a Philadelphia public, charter, or parochial school with a GPA of 2.5 or above,
- show leadership potential and have past community service,
- be a student from an under-represented group (male or female), and
- demonstrate financial need.
- An application that includes a personal essay answering a prescribed question in no more than 500 words
- Two (2) unopened letters of recommendation from teachers or community or religious leaders
- An unopened official transcript from high school
- Proof that you have applied to a school of higher education (e.g., a copy of an application to the school or a letter from your guidance counselor confirming that you have applied)
- Proof of family income (acceptable documents include copies of the applicant’s and parent/guardian’s 2019 W-2 statement(S) or tax return)
- FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
All students who receive scholarship funds must first provide proof that they have been accepted by a college or vocational school and sign a verification form indicating that the funds will be used only for higher education for higher education expenses e.g. tuition, room and board, or other related expenses.
You will be contacted directly if any additional information is needed.